VII. | Extraordinary You (2019)

Extraordinary You is a South Korean drama that was released in 2019. I can say that it is one of my comfort watches and guilty pleasures. I always watch it when I am stressed, and since it is the midterm week, I found myself watching it again. It tells the story of Dan-oh, a high school student who discovers that she actually lives in a comic book. While assuming she is the main character at first, later, she realizes she is an extra who has only one purpose, which is to bring the main characters together. Then, we watch her while she is trying to change her fate. 

Since it is a fantasy rom-com, it is pretty easy to watch, but at the same time, it is really cheesy and sometimes even cringe to the degree that I have to stop watching for a while. Still, it is a pretty comforting TV show to watch, at least for me, and it is actually one of the works which showed me that something does not have to be critically acclaimed or a masterpiece to have an effect on us. Sometimes we just need to watch a silly teen show and relax.


Comments