I. | Fatboy Slim - Praise You

Watching the music video of Fatboy Slim's Praise You for the first time was definitely an interesting experience. First of all, I want to say that I liked the song, which was a surprise since I am not a fan of electronic music. However, the highlight was definitely the music video rather than the song itself, at least for me. 


I really liked the idea and the execution. To be honest, I am also not a fan of flash mobs, but the one in the video was actually entertaining to watch rather than being uncomfortable. The style of the video is very fitting to the idea of a flash mob as well. The fact that they used guerrilla-style to shoot the video, whether it was intentional or the consequences of the sources they had, helped the style and the content of the video to complement each other. 


As someone who is interested in everything that is vintage, the vintage look of the video also caught my attention. I can imagine myself shooting a video that is similar to this one with my Panasonic NV-GS15; If only I wasn't too shy to even witness a flash mob. Still, I think it would be fun. (Probably only if I can overcome the problems between me and Mini DV tapes.)
Lastly, I want to mention a music video I really like from one of my favorite artists. I have seen that Praise You won the Best Choreography Award at the 1999 MTV Video Music Awards, so I wanted to add a choreography I liked in a music video. It is definitely not a music video as intense as Praise You, actually the opposite; I find it quite relaxing and love everything about it. (Especially the colors and the outfits!) 

  Lorde - Mood Ring   

Comments